Enter Your Slogan Here: Lorem Ipsum Semblar un Simplificat Quam un Skeptic!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

first experience teaching private =) *sebuah catatan lama


aug 13th 2008, wed –2 days ago.
that was my first day teaching private.. hm, tutoring maybe the proper word..
i gotta thank lea very2 mucho2.. for this chance that i got actually from her.  i wont forget this, lea! i swear.

her name is andrea.  she is a spanish, born in venezuela, but grown up in america.  andrea alejandra yanez.. very beautiful, juz like those telenovela actresses!  she studies at jakarta international middle school.  kelas 6 sd siy stauku, tapi tu dah ga masuk grade elementary lagi.. dah masuk ke middle-haha, adek klasnya cinta laura dunksss..?? =p

first day.
she showed me a jutek face.. -omigod,i said-
i was a bit shocked for i knew she speaks english very fluently.. "she mustn't need any help for english, she speaks as if shes an american,really!" I said to myself. *i was supposed to teach mandarin and english 

i thought it was going to be more relaxing, since it was only our first meeting.  she would introduce herself, vice versa.  i juz wanted to get closer first to her, then we would study together happily.. easily..

however it didnt seem to happen so.

'hello, andrea.. how are you? im sarah', shaking hand, she said, 'hi sarah. fine. thq.'
then she sat down on the sofa, opening kind a file folder, saying, 'this is my homework. i gotta make the map of china -i'll juz copy this- then label the 5 major countries.. bla bla bla'
omigod, she speaks so fast! what on earth is going on here?? hiks.. can i communicate smoothly with her?

but then i found it a bit easier than the first day,,... come with me on 14th aug 2008, thursday.
i was walking toward her house when i saw her walking with her dog, also toward her own house but in the opposite direction from me.  she looked at me, i looked at her.  i smiled at her, waved my hand a little. she smiled, then a bit running toward her house, calling her mommy.. 'mommy.. bla bla bla.. -spanish for sure-'
i knew she was telling her mom that i had come. she always speaks in spanish to her family -mother, little brother..

a little girl is always nice.
naturally, yes =)

andrea is a proof.
shes energetic, smart, well-organized, polite enough -i added the word enough as im indonesian-, motivated,.. etc.
though i was a bit nervous at first for facing her jutek face, but then i knew, we really couldnt judge a bottle by its label!

we are grown up in the different background. country, cultural background.. religion. theyve shaped us with our own personalities.

the first day I met her.
Her mom twice offered me some drink, and I refused both.  and I got home that day without anything i drank nor i ate there, at her house.  Oo—so this is the culture.  I quickly learned a thing—you should just accept anything that is offered next time! Well this time I refused the offer both because I wasn’t really thirsty and I was quite ‘shocked’ with all new situation i just found..

yep. so one thing i learned is that when a western offers you something, it's not just a basabasi like we Indonesian like to do.  i had heard about this before, yes i had. but u know, u'd get it more when u are facing the real situation right?

second thing...
to be continued deh :p




0 comments:

Post a Comment